Top 10 Things To Do in Tuscany This Summer
The Tuscan landscape is full of romance, culture, and delicious cuisine. From renting bikes in Lucca to sipping Prosecco by the pool, we’ve got you covered on the top 10 things you have to do this summer!
1. Rent a car and get lost among the rolling hills of olive groves and vineyards.
2. Venture beyond Chianti and try some other famous Tuscan wines, like Brunello di Montalcino and Nobile di Montepulciano.
3. Rent bikes in Lucca and cruise the perimeter of the city atop its ancient wall.
4. Sit in Siena’s stunning shell-shaped Piazza del Campo and take in the world through a terracotta lens.
5. Visit as many tiny medieval walled towns as you can, and be sure not to miss Pienza, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Monteriggioni and San Gimignano.
6. Visit a family-owned hole in the wall restaurant and ask them what to order– You might have pappa al pomodoro (tomato bread soup) or cinghiale pasta (wild boar).
7. Spend 2 or 3 days in Florence- See Michelangelo’s David in person, hire a guide to fully appreciate the Renaissance splendor of the Uffizi gallery, wander through San Lorenzo street market to buy leather, venture across the Ponte Vecchio bridge above the Arno river and up to Piazzale Michelangelo for the city’s best panoramic view.
8. Spend a lazy afternoon next to the pool of your villa, such as the one at Casa di Lusso, and take in the spectacular view with a glass of Prosecco, before venturing to the local market and trying your hand at cooking in your own Tuscan kitchen.
9. Drink the cappuccino and eat the gelato.
10. Fall in love all over again