Penne Pasta with a Kick
Spice Station Arrabbiata Sauce
This delicious recipe, perfect for penne pasta with a little kick, is really simple to make and features a custom spice blend from Spice Station
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 14.5 oz each
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine best with Chianti
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Arrabbiata Pasta Spice Blend or a little more for extra kick
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese topping
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, lemon juice and Spice Station Arrabbiata Pasta blend; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes. Do not simmer too long, as the sauce will reduce quickly.
- Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice- We suggest penne. Garnish with parsley and top with the fresh Parmesan.
- Enjoy while sipping the Chianti that you opened for this recipe!